About Me

A young lady, making her way through life, guided by God's incredible love that just won't let go. I walk, I falter, I float I fall, I fail and yet I rise again For there is something that compels me LOVE It’s so amazing, so divine. I am His His treasure His beloved His jewel His darling!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Where are my girls at?

Was just going to Google “where are my friends at” when I caught myself, hey girl, you don’t search for your friends on Google.

I love my alone time, but I also enjoy chilling with my girls, but hey where are they? My sister is always there, she is sweet, even when she can’t stand me, we are buddies for life. Love you to bits girl even when you drive me crazy.

I’ve got a sweet darling TT, she’s out there in SA running things, she does her best to stay in touch, usually just drops by when I need someone and she’s got just the right words.

I’ve got a friend who I sometimes don’t know if to call friend, she tells her family and friend I’m her twin sister, sweet eh only she just can’t be the one I talk to when I’m down because she’s got the sensitivity of an elephant in the glassware store. She could be a darling when she puts her heart to it, but don’t get caught up because all those your sweet pain you divulge at those vulnerable seconds could hit you in the face in the middle of a crowd you don’t want to share that news with, she would just make a joke about it in the name of asking about it.
I don’t know how someone won’t know that hurts, tell her, explain to her and all but it doesn’t work, I guess we are all just wired differently.

She’s my twin sister alright only she doesn’t even know her way to my house, never been there not once in all the over 7 years we’ve been friends and I know her parent’s house and even her matrimonial home, she says she’ll know my house when I get married  some friend eh.

I’ve got the dears that though we might not see for a long time, we chat every week, BB makes us feel just next door to each other, some far out in Canada, others in Nigeria, UK and all. It’s just cool to have such dears, who regardless of the distance stay in touch.

I have a dear friend at the office, she has a knack for driving me batty like none else can, know the things I don’t like but in a sweet way comes taunting, she understands better now so she’s stopped most of those, but can someone please tell her not to ruffle my hair again  please don’t she’ll only do it more.


There’s the darling friend that we live together but we only get to see late at night or early in the morning as I’m rushing out for the day and the rest of our hangouts are BB chats and pings.

I’ve got really dear friends only I don’t see them every often. Even my sister that used to be my ever present side kick isn’t so visible these days, I only get to see her weekends and soon it would be just calls, BB chats, pings and all because she’s moving to a different country. It’s interesting and sometimes annoying how it seems most of my girls are virtual peeps.

Where are my friends that live just down the street?

I’m grateful for your friendships, be it once a week or month we see, or we just ping all year long.

You rock girls!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dr...just read my mind about missg time out with inspiring ladies.
    Lol,got some gist partners that keep me laffg till tommy aches but there are som real special ones that combine humour with virtues.Go babes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks T, really like your "NO! when 'permissive' winks at 'assertive'" it was awesome! So on point.

    ReplyDelete